Friday, August 14, 2009

Support Your Locally Owned Film Processor

So I’ve decided to continue the theme of Friday Commentaries. Today, ‘Support Your Locally Owned Film Processor’. I’ve previously written about using and processing FujiFilm Superia 400 and 800, and the Costco vs. Walmart processing dilemma. Basically Costco has stopped selling the film and will stop processing when their machines need updating. Walmart only has regional processing centers for film and it can take up to a week to get your processed film back unless your local Walmart is one of these processing centers. Plus the quality control for both Costco and Walmart can vary widely.

Now you know that I am really an E-6 slide film person, but I do need the faster film speeds for my Plastic Cameras. I especially like the Superia 800 for this purpose. So why not just use my Locally Owned Film Processor. Most of these operations cater to professionals and will still be there for the long-term. Sure prices may go up a bit, but they will be there for you, next week, next month, next year, and for years to come! So use their services and keep them in business. Because the cheapest becomes the dearest if you let them die and the big box stores let you down!

This Week's Photo, Processed by my locally owned lab, PhotoCraft:



Camera: Mamiya 645 Pro TL (Cropped)
Film: Ilford ISO 400

I usually process my own B&W. But when I have many rolls (say more than 4) I can Trust PhotoCraft.

Flower: Sacred Datura from my garden (Nightshade Family)

No comments:

Post a Comment