Friday, September 4, 2009

The Photo I wasn't 'Allowed' to Take!



















I had asked a few of you about your experiences (especially since 9/11) taking photographs of skyscrapers and other interesting buildings. Here in Denver I think they are overestimating their importance in the world. Not many people overseas think of Denver when they think of the USA. It's a nice place, but it is not Iconic to others.

But my real point is, why build an interesting structure and then not want anyone to notice? So here are the Photos that security at the un-named building (because honestly I don't know the name) didn't want me to take. I had gone there because an image by the Canon Viewfinder reminded me of a church I had seen in Denver, that had a skyscraper built around it.







We will revisit the 'Church of the Holy Ghost' in a later Faith on Film.



Camera: Minolta X-700
Lens: Zenitar 16mm f/2.8 Fisheye
Film: Ilford ISO 400

2 comments:

  1. Excellent work, I don't understand the security concerns about a picture. Very nice shot the bottom one, the top one is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top one is THE ONE I was not supposed to take. He waved at me 'no don't do that', but I had already taken 2 or 3 shots.

    I was fore warned about security at Denver buildings when I took the 'Urban Disturbance' workshop a couple of years ago. Our Instructor, who has photos in the Art museum's collection, still gets harassed in spite of being a local celebrity.

    I really think that they believe someone will blow up a building here.

    ReplyDelete