Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Stanley Hotel......Room Without a View



Our room overlooked the parking lot and out buildings. The Bath had what I call a Spider Web Window. Does anyone know the official architectural name?

In color because I had run out of B&W film. But below I converted the image to B&W in Photoshop. I think that you will see that the rock formations in the background really pop out in B&W. I think the red roofs distract from the rocks in color..... Enlarge the pictures to see the rocks better.......






6 comments:

  1. You always photograph such interesting stuff, I think I'm getting a little jealous!
    ;-)

    I really love following your blog, there is always something that grabs my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your joy makes me smile! PS - nothing wrong with "Spiderweb".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you. I've traveled a lot! And I literally have thousands of slides to sort through in addition to new photography. So that's my secret.

    Since I've started the blog I began shooting again on a regular basis and can have 2-3 rolls per week to develop and, yes more sorting. ;=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regardless of color or b+w, I like the shot.

    I think the architectural term for a window like that is an "oculus." We have a very grand one as a dome in the law school where I work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are right about the term Oculus. I've heard it before, although I usually think of them as round. This window is oval, but I think that is still the correct term.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This hotel reminds me of an old movie ... "Somewhere Sometime" ? Thank's for your visit !

    ReplyDelete