Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Photography Goals for 2017

Last year I did a complete rewind of 2015, because I hadn't really fufillled those goals.......
  1. Spending More Time in the Darkroom
  2. Finally learning how to make good digital negatives (got a book for Christmas)
  3. Building a LED-UV light box for Alternative processes
  4. Solargram in the Front yard (Missed the Winter Solstice, but I'll try for the Spring Equinox)
None of these goals really happened (again).  Although I did try the solargrams, but the pinholes really need to be attached to the second story of the house to get a good sun angle.  And I did get  a bit of a jumpstart with the Montana Printing Workshop.  I realized that Print technique is really a major part of my artistic style and I need to get focussed on that again.  And I'm not rolling them over for 2017. Instead.........

What DID work for me was The 52 Rolls 2016 Project posted on EMULSIVE was a great success!  Got me out shooting almost every week.  And I'm ending the year only a week behind.  So I'm trying this again.  Last year I started out with Holga postings and made it through 6 months before I burned out and had to move on to other cameras.  This year I'll pursue a more balanced approach that includes some printing........and I'm going to mix it up with the cameras used for the project; Probably focussing on a camera for a month or two and moving on.

So my Photography Goals for 2017 are simple:
  1. 52 Rolls Project 2017 (always stick with something that works)
  2. More Darkroom Time ( I'm committing to 1 print per month; 12 prints this year.  I think putting a real number on it will help to make it happen)
  3. Moab Photo Symposium (This Year focussing on B&W)
  4. Photographing the August 21, 2017 Total Solar Eclipse in Western Nebraska

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your goals.
    May you and yours have a very wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete