So I'm not on a rant, but here is my short list:
- I like working in the dark room (its not a photograph until you print it!).
- I like film cameras, and am a collector (if you've got it, use it).
- Because of the survivability of real Print Images, I was able to make a wonderful photo book for my Mother's 90th Birthday. This only applies to real photographic paper, not your ink jet image. Also B&W survives better than color.
- I work on spectacular digital imagery as a satellite image analyst. I do not care to spend my free time (aside from blogging) tied to Photoshop and my computer. Nothing can compare to the 'photography' I work with professionally from "my employer's digital camera" 500 +km in Earth orbit.
- Also Read about our Blogger Friend Aubrey's recent experience with digital rot.
And search through that old box of photographs and negatives that you found in your grand parent's attic. Who knows what you might find?
Even this un-restored photo of myself, Mom, brother Kevin and our Dog Tessie brings back such vivid memories of the summer of 1965:
It's just soooo 1960's.