Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Visual Science Lab: Everything old is new again.....Photography 180.

So why am I doing this? I love film cameras. That does not mean that I hate digital. I just prefer working in a darkroom to sitting at a computer, especially since I developed a computer related ergonomic problem that almost left me with a paralyzed right hand. I recovered, and I still use a computer for work. But why spend my leisure time tied to a computer also?

For a new take on how professionals are beginning to reassess film visit these link:

The Visual Science Lab: Everything old is new again.....Photography 180.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/00-new-today.htm


Once a week or so I will introduce you to a new film camera friend of mine. Currently I spend most of my time hiking with the Mamiya 6X6, but many of my best photos were taken with my manual Minolta SRT-series, my Minolta X-700 (which I use for color), and more recently with my Mamiya 645.

For a sampling visit my photo page at:

http://www.littleblackdoggie.com/PHOTOS/Welcome.html


I've benefited greatly from the 'sell-off' of professional grade equipment ending up with two Mamiya 645's and a Mamiya 6, plus the essential lenses.

By the way, my family does have two digital cameras, mostly because my husband needs that instant feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment