I had a lot of success in 2018. OK, that depends on how you measure success. I had a lot of recognition in 2018. Success is more a measure of meeting Personal Goals that satisfy one's Artistic Vision.
So these were my stated goals for 2018:
- Focus on Darkroom Printing Time Especially prints of Moab Symposium events
- Attend THE FINAL Moab Photo Symposium in May 2018
- Continue Experiments with IR Film
- Practice with my newly converted digital full spectrum camera
- Continue the Charge towards Gallery Submissions (Check My 'Fine Art' Page Here)
I did have prints for Moab and attended the Final Show. I also submitted images for the Wrap-up Book.
I gave up on IR film and moved on to my Full Spectrum converted Nikon-1. I use the IR filter to block the parts of the spectrum I'm not interested in. I got the full spectrum set-up for Ghost Hunting (We'll follow-up on that later).
Still entering contests even though we have discussed why that is bad......
So what are my 2019 Goals:
- First, Survive my latest medical complications
- Second, more thoughtful and meditative pursuit of my photography
- Stay Focussed
- More Darkroom time
- AND getting back to the Roots of This Blog; Recording my Life and Times on the Front Range.
- Restarting Vintage Camera News and Online Weekend Features
- Continuing the 52 Rolls Redux
- Film and Camera Reviews
- Travel Photography
- Snapshots from Life