Sunday, October 7, 2018

52 Rolls Redux: Making up for Delayed Delivery

For the Project, I had my film developed by Old School Labs for faster turn around.  When I rush my home developing I always end up ruining my film.  So this was the best option for a fast paced project. 

Read On.........


##############
-->
My intended Week 3 roll vanished into the abyss of the U.S. Post Service.  Never fear, I have tracked it down and will have it in time to post for Week #4.  So to fill the gap I was forced to actually shoot and process a roll myself last week.
Starting with images from near my home:






-->
Who said your images have to be Horizontal? Winter Sun @ Lake Waneka.






-->
The Boat House @ Lake Waneka.  Actually an old reservoir built for a Power Plant that used to be located on the site a century ago.  Now water storage for my hometown Lafayette, Colorado.






-->
Now let's venture to Downtown Denver.  The Capital of Colorado about 40 miles from my home.  We'll see more of Denver in weeks to come.






-->
State Capitol Building from the City Hall Steps.  The Dome was recently restores, and yes that is Gold Leaf, representing Colorado's mining history.








-->
Reflections of the Capitol Dome in the Nativity Scene @ City Hall (left) and Santa's Elves (right).  I had thought that Nativity Scenes were no longer allowed on public property.  But In Denver the rules are obviously different.  Images of the City Hall are on the roll I am waiting for.  So you'll see those later (and many more times in weekly rolls to come).  There are a lot of events in Denver during the Summer Months and we often go there to do Street Photography.







Final Image from Downtown:  Sculpture outside the City Geographical Information and Survey Office.

-->
Tech Info: Holga 120S, Kodak T-Max 400 Film, 8 minutes developing time in Ilford Ilfotec DD-X, Orange Holga Contrast Filter.



-->
I'll be experimenting with my Holga Contrast Filters and Special Effects Filters throughout the project.









No comments:

Post a Comment