Sunday, July 1, 2018

Final Catch-up #5 #filmjune

Final Posts Summary the Twitter #filmjune series

26. Dream Camera and Ilford Film Collaboration:
My Dream Camera: Any Rollei 6000-Series Medium Format SLR in collaboration with Ilford SFX-200 Film.

Here's a review of the camera: https://www.casualphotophile.com/2017/10/06/rollei-6008-professional-medium-format-slr-camera-review/


27.  Have you ever used Zone focusing?
I have used zone focusing, especially in street photography.  But also using it as I test my Mercury camera.  Still learning to use the focusing screen, so sometimes I just go with my estimated distances.

28. Are you a fine grained photographer, or the more grain the better?
I'm a fine grain photographer.  That's why I've never liked HP5 or Tri-X.  The grain just doesn't appeal to me.

29. Have you bought a camera that has been on your wish list?
Yes, I always wanted a Press Camera.  But I didn't have to buy it, our neighbor gave us his Burke and James Press Camera!



30. Have You taught anyone film photography?
No, but I did bring my Husband back from the digital abyss and into the 'Light' of Film Photography again. The last time he picked up his DSLR the dates on the images showed that he hadn't used it in months.  He now favors his Mamiya 6 and Intrepid 4X5.  Saving the analogue world one person at a time!



No comments:

Post a Comment