Monday, April 8, 2019

Figuring Out My Reality So Subtle........

In time for Worldwide Pinhole Day: April 28, 2019.

I recently acquired a Reality So Subtle Pinhole 6X6F Camera from James Guerin.


Of Course, remember to take the lens cap off.  A mistake I made in an early shoot. Below, the uncapped camera with the shutter closed:



And then with the shutter open:



So now, what problem did I have? Figuring out distances and limits on the view:




I was trying to use what appeared to be the range finder on the top.  But it is not obvious how to apply it.  Of course, now that I have examined more of the online literature, I can see my mistakes, sort of.  Now I know that the view is 99 degrees.  Going forward I will try to utilized that angle of view to figure out what I am seeing.  I also experienced vignetting when I tried to use the filter.  But I attached a 62mm filter....too small.  I will try a 77mm filter for B&W next time:



I will be doing some more range finding tests in preparation for Worldwide Pinhole Day.  Also starting with Portra 160 film since I have some good time tests (see link below).  I will post what I find along the way.........

Link to 2017 Portra 160 Time Tests

No comments:

Post a Comment