Sunday, November 29, 2015

Sundays Online: Holga Say It Ain't So!

I sadly report rumors of the Demise of Holga:


End of an era and a fun way to experiment with medium format photography!
We do still have the Diana.  And I think competition from Lomo Products and Support 
for its users was part of Holga's downfall.


Holga Image of Bird's Nest on Trellis @ My House




My Favorite Holga Image from Rhyolite Nevada:


And From the Holga Panorama Pinhole at Rocky Mountain National Park:



AReprise of My Best Holga Images can be found at this link.


2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and week end. Too bad about Holga. I never used or owned one of their cameras since I have so much MF gear already. I always liked its compact size and light weight though.

    I looked at the link and there is still quite a lot available. I may look into one as a dispensable field camera rather than carrying around my larger more expensive gear on my wife's bird watching outings.

    Both of the other brads look interesting, and I'd love to have the spare money to try that brass lens from Lomo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can still get one from Freestyle Photo if you are looking for a collector's item. I just ordered one to keep boxed and unused.

    ReplyDelete