Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Favorite New Year's Resolutions/Goals from Blogs I Follow

I've published my Goals, Now I'm taking a look at the Goals of those I follow online.  Where do we intersect and digress?  So I'm wrapping up January with what I've learned from You!

And it seems like few of the bloggers I follow actually set new goals each year.  So I'm going to post the two that I found inspiring:


Starting with It's Her Van:

My Favorites, #2 and #5........

2- I must find a comfortable camera strap that won’t wreck my neck, back, and entire day. This has become a bigger hassle than expected and now I understand why people drop a hundred bucks on a strip of cloth. I’ll keep searching and let you know what I come up with.


5- Be kinder to myself and the mistakes I make with the van. Like, it’s my van. I can screw it up if I want to.




Vulture:  33 Rules for Being An Artist from Jerry Saltz


Not really an individual's goals, but things we should all keep in mind.  They are all my Favorites, but here's a selection I can follow:


Lesson 1: Don’t Be Embarrassed

Lesson 2: “Tell your own story and you will be interesting.” — Louise Bourgeois



Lesson 4: Art Is Not About Understanding. Or Mastery; It is about doing and experience.


Lesson 10: Find Your Own Voice; Then exaggerate it.


And there's a lot more here....not specific to Photography, but we can learn from other artists Too!



No comments:

Post a Comment