Thursday, January 19, 2012

Canonet QL17 GIII

 
The Canonet Rangefinder is next on deck for repairs, after I priced the replacements.  In excellent condition a replacement would cost more than $200, so certainly worth fixing.  I looked back to find an earlier posting from 2009, where I pondered whether or not to repair this camera.  So it has been offline for a while.


The Canonet Series were 1970’s Leica M-Series knock-offs.  This was the final high end version of the Canonet Series.  It offered Aperture Priority, Auto Exposure and Manual Exposure modes.  It is also just a fun little camera.  For some Canonet photo examples I can recommend “I Love Old Cameras”


1 comment:

  1. Thanks,

    The Canonet is back and I'm currently running a roll through to make sure the repair was sucessful. Look for some results soon.....

    ReplyDelete